The first potato plant at the allotment to get blight got cut down and harvested last month. The other seven also got it but all I did was chop the plants back and left that corner of the plot to its own devices while I focused on other things. When I finally got round to what I thought would be the simple job of digging up the potatoes, I found there was much more than that to be done. Besides harvesting them and feeling pleased that they were still ok, I realised the set-up had to be changed.
I’d originally planned to surround the two grow bags with bottles thinking it would help the soil to retain moisture but all it did was provide a breeding ground for slugs (don’t zoom in on the bucket!) So besides removing the bottles, I also pulled the two containers apart before planting two courgette plants to replace the pulled potatoes.