I hadn’t used my juicer for a while, so I’ll blame the mess on that rather than my own stupidity. Because I put what I thought was the jug for collecting the juice in place and enthusiastically got going. It was once the liquid starting spilling off the worktop and onto the floor that I realised my mistake. What I had carefully positioned was actually the jug for collecting the pulp. All the action was going on the other end. There was deep red juice flowing freely with nothing to underneath to catch it.
All was not lost though, I realised my mistake in time to collect two servings of juice from the last of my homegrown beetroots (photos from a while ago, never got round to posting). The idea was to combine it with apple, but by the time I’d got the mess cleared up I’d had my fill of juicing for the foreseeable future!